May they go forth and make beautiful blonde hipster babies!
It’s truly hard to tell which one has the better hair: Emily or Jef.
Congrats you cuties!
Ever wonder how Emily Maynard’s suitors were picked for the hit ABC show? Find out here!
Welp, I know what I’ll be doing this summer. Just look at all of these reality TV shows! LOVE!!
Here’s the full release schedule for you (Thank you, Reality Nation, for the list!)
- Secret Millionaire - ABC, June 3, Sundays at 8 – WARNING: YOU WILL CRY!!
- Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition - ABC, June 3, Sundays at 9 - SEE ABOVE
- Ice Road Truckers - History Channel, June 3, Sundays at 9
- Hell’s Kitchen 10 – Fox, June 4, Mondays and Tuesdays at 8
- Masterchef – Fox, June 4, Mondays and Tuesdays at 9
- The Real Housewives of New York City – Bravo, June 4, Mondays at 9 – IT HASN’T BEEN THE SAME SINCE BETHENNY BAILED
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while – I’ve been super busy putting together a kick ass book on how ya’ll can get yourselves on any reality show you want. Stay tuned, it’s coming shortly – and it will rock your world!
In the meantime, I thought I’d muse about the inner workings and happenings of my world as a reality TV Casting Producer.
I’m currently casting a celebrity dating show, where famous celebs you know and love go on dates with everyday normal people, just like you, in the hopes that sparks fly and magic happens.
When I was interviewed on 20/20, I lent some advice to an article they posted on their site called “How To Become A Reality TV Star.” I think it gives some pretty good insight, so I wanted to share it here. Enjoy!
Want to trade real life for reality-TV stardom? Well, here are 20 tips from casting pros for how to avoid a wipeout and be a survivor in the shark tank that is reality-TV casting:
Tonight’s Bachelorette boldly goes where no Bachelorette has gone before. Except for last season and the season before that. The episode starts with Chris Harrison informing the Bachelors that they’ll be leaving the mansion forever and heading to where they filmed the Hangover 2. Yup, The Bachelorette is going to Thailand.
Once nestled into a cushy resort far away from the grit and grime, Constantine scores the first date card. Rainy weather ruins Ashley’s plan to jet out to a private island and get their Survivor on. Instead, they ditch the boat and head into town where they get matching Mike Tyson face tattoos.
Keep reading for more!
Read more »
It looks like years of casting America’s next great reality show star have finally paid off.
Look for me on a very special 20/20: Reality Rule$: When TV Gets Real.
(Just like Ke$ha!)
Seriously though, I was interviewed by the lovely and charming Deborah Roberts ( and the GREATEST PRODUCER ever – Eric Strauss) a couple of weeks ago in LA on all things reality TV. She popped by for a casting session and got an insiders look on how casting producers find talent.
It was a ton of fun! I hope you all watch tomorrow night on ABC at 10pm/9 Central! Click below for more info!
When is the best time to apply for a reality TV show? No, not when during the casting process, but when during the run of the entire series? I had an AHA! moment the other day and I think the answer (and reason why) might enlighten and inform you!
This simple, easy and discreet technique – called SUN BREATHING – I’m about to teach you will greatly reduce your nerves pre-audition, open call or interview!
Yay! The Bachelorette is finally over! Ali got her man!
I do have to say that I respect Ali for dumping Chris in private, the day before the Rose Ceremony. That was a class act.
Kudos, Ali. (And I don’t mean the kind you can eat.)
You know what this means, don’t you???
It means that the PURE HOTNESS that is CHRIS N. might be THE NEXT BACHELOR!!!!! FINALLY!!! A BACHELOR THAT ISN’T A TOTAL DOUCHEBAG!!! I’ve made a little photo essay of him, lest you don’t think he is the hunkiest hunk in (reality) TV land.
Cue the sexytime music.
- Let me take off my shirt and tell you about myself.
- I’m a Sagittarius, Vegetarian and I Love Puppies.
- I Also Love Cuddling, Bubble Baths and “The Notebook.”
- I’m Here For Your Pleasure, Ladies. Try Me.
- 18 Tips To Get You Cast On A Reality TV Show
- Casting Agent Reveals The ‘Snooki Formula’ That Gets People On TV
- Tips from Prime Time Reality TV casting expert Sarah Monson: Exclusive!
- What Does A Reality TV Casting Director Do, Anyway?
- Wanna Be On TV? You’re Gonna Have To Hurry Up and Wait