In a random twist of fate, I happened to be in New York yesterday when my buds over at 20/20 called me to see if I was available for an interview for tonight’s episode. I was! So I went to ABC studios and sat down with Deborah Roberts – who is absolutely the nicest person I have ever met – and we discussed that huge scandal with Timothy Poe on America’s Got Talent.
If you don’t know the story, Timothy Poe faked being a war hero. The verdict is out as to whether he was also faking a stutter brought on by battle wounds. America and the judges loved his story when he auditioned for the show, and it turns out, he was actually a pretty good singer. But when it got out that he lied, the shit hit the fan.
Deborah and I chatted about why Poe would go to such great lengths to get on the show and why some people feel compelled to lie when they run the risk of being found out. Seriously, you can’t hide when you’re on national television!
It’s slated to air tonight at 10/9 on ABC. Hope you catch it!
- 18 Tips To Get You Cast On A Reality TV Show
- Casting Agent Reveals The ‘Snooki Formula’ That Gets People On TV
- Tips from Prime Time Reality TV casting expert Sarah Monson: Exclusive!
- What Does A Reality TV Casting Director Do, Anyway?
- Wanna Be On TV? You’re Gonna Have To Hurry Up and Wait