MTV‘s smartest move in unscripted reality programming as of late has been jerking tears out of me for weeks.
The Buried Life, a show about four hot Canadians checking stuff off their bucket list, is stellar. It has heart, humor and funny accents. If Mayberry had a gang problem, it would be these guys – they’re polite, charming and you know they can fish.
It’s truly a breath of fresh air for me, who gets hives flipping back and for the between American Idol and yet another Teen Mom fighting with her baby daddy.
Unlike so many shows on the air right now, The Buried Life is as pure of heart as an MTV show can be. I’m sure they’ll ruin it next season by throwing “The Situation” on the bus to water down the integrity of the show.
So before Snooki’s “Bump” becomes the official sponsor of this sweet little show, I decided to make my own list of things I want to do before I die, in case MTV needs some fresh ideas.
Here’s my top four – Sadly, they’ve all been grossly influenced by all the crappy TV I’ve watched in my life, so who am I to judge, really?
1. Ride a horse on the beach in slow motion
2. Go to Space Camp
3. Vacation on Richard Branson’s Private Island
4. Milk a cow in short shorts
… 5. And thanks to 24/7 coverage of the Winter Games, I really want to learn how to ski jump.
But if and when I do, I’m gonna be wearing this.
- 18 Tips To Get You Cast On A Reality TV Show
- Casting Agent Reveals The ‘Snooki Formula’ That Gets People On TV
- Tips from Prime Time Reality TV casting expert Sarah Monson: Exclusive!
- What Does A Reality TV Casting Director Do, Anyway?
- Wanna Be On TV? You’re Gonna Have To Hurry Up and Wait