Since many of you might have yet to see the inside of a reality show audition room, I thought I’d show you. Be warned, it’s not glamorous. If you saw my 20/20 piece last year, you should know that it was shot on the rooftop of the W Hotel in Hollywood. It was super posh. That is not typical.
In fact, most reality television audition rooms look like hostage interrogation rooms. You have to stand (or sit) there facing blinding light, answering questions being barked at you by a casting director you can barely see through said blinding lights, hoping all the while you’re impressing the shit out of them.
Take a look:
Luckily, we want you to be good! We want you to walk in that casting room and WOW us! Until you prove us otherwise, you are PERFECT for the show we are casting. Think about it.
My advice before your next audition: MATTE powder and deodorant. We’ll never say no to you wanting to freshen up before an audition. Remember, if you look good. We look good.
- 18 Tips To Get You Cast On A Reality TV Show
- Casting Agent Reveals The ‘Snooki Formula’ That Gets People On TV
- Tips from Prime Time Reality TV casting expert Sarah Monson: Exclusive!
- What Does A Reality TV Casting Director Do, Anyway?
- Wanna Be On TV? You’re Gonna Have To Hurry Up and Wait